Sunday, February 13, 2011

Party Time and the New Dresses

I can't believe another week has come and gone. Just when I thought we had it all together the weekend came. Busy Busy Busy!!! I'll start with the weekend and work my way backwards.

Florida Basketball Game
The family has adopted University of Florida as the one team we can all seem to root for. So, when they are on tv we always seem to watch them. On Saturday they played Tennessee in basketball on ESPN. Hunter is an absolute train wreck when it comes to watching any of his teams on tv. He lives and dies with every call, every made or missed shot and every turnover or steal. This game proved to be too much for him as the Volunteers seemed to have control of the game from the opening tip. However, as the game started to wind down Florida made a valiant come back a took the lead, which they lost and then got back and as Hunter turned Florida blue from holding his breath as the Volunteers dribbled the last 13.6 seconds and shot the ball ----- off the side of the rim. Gators Win!! Gators Win!! As hard as it is sometimes to watch the games with him he tends to make it fun at the end.

Dress Shopping
Taylor has had a little mini growth spurt and has started to show a little too much leg when wearing dresses to school or church. Since she loves dresses and typically only gets "new" dresses when AnnaLynn has a growth spurt I decided it would be nice to take her shopping at the outlets. How hard can it be to find a 7 year old a couple modest dresses at the outlets? Plus while I'm there I can get some shoes :). Hunter didn't have anything else to do and I thought he could help me pick out some shoes so he came a long. First store - Children's Place. We have gotten some dresses there before so I thought we'd run in a get a couple and move on to Nike. Went in and they had a couple cute dresses, $25. Went to look for some other styles, nope that was all they had. Option 2. Justice, typically over priced, but I had a coupon. Surely they will have some cute dresses. Um, no. I never saw the price because they were ugly. Backup plan 1, call Linda. She had some good ideas but I had one more store to try. Vanity Fair. 0 for 3. At this point we threw in the towel and went to Nike. Found some shoes, tried them on, discounted and on sale, flashy yet stylish, sold. Why can't dresses be that easy? Linda called told me she went online and Walmart had some options so we headed that way. Quick detour to McDonalds, I pulled in asked the kids if they thought they had dresses there. They said no so I started to leave. I asked again, You sure they don't have dresses in there. They might came the reply. They didn't but they did have happy meals and double cheeseburgers. On the way to Walmart, I had a a thought, what about Burlington Coat Factory? We stopped in and hit the motherload of dresses. She found 4 size 8s all too small. My baby girl wears a 10! She found several and we bought em all.




Birthday Parties
Three of the four kids were invited to attend birthday parties. Hunter went to one Friday night. Laser tag and movies, oh to be 11 again! Nathan had one at a Chuck E Cheese like place
and since I had the other two and Linda had to go AnnaLynn tagged along and got some tokens. then after Nathan's was over Linda dropped AnnaLynn off at a party of her own. Too much cake, ice cream and goodie bags for my liking!

High Priest Social
Friday night was the annual High Priest Social. I used to really not enjoy these since I always felt we were the youngest couple in the room and most of them had kids our age. However, in our High Priest Group now there are several families that have kids younger then our youngest, so I feel more comfortable now. We had a great dinner and sat with people from the ward that we never get tired of visiting with, but we never get to visit enough. Once they announced that our table had not danced enough (or at all) and the Stake Presidency looked our way the 4 couples at the table all got up, and .... Left.

Basketball
Still undefeated and un-injured.

Handicraft Club
This week was another first for the young ladies in the group. They used a sewing machine. AnnaLynn had done so previously, but the other girls had not. When they finished their look knitting purse they were able to finish it off with the machine. It was a smaller group, but they had fun with it.

Valentine Boxes and Other Vinyl Projects
This week was another interesting week with the vinyl cutter. The kids had to make valentine post office boxes and were told to decorate them. So they did. I took pictures of AnnaLynn's and Nathan's. Taylor has already taken hers to school and hunter not so much on the decorating. We also made a sign of a quote we saw on Lark's (Linda's oldest sister) blog for Hunter's contribution to the youth fundraiser next week. The sign is made of concrete and is 5 inches by 18 or so. The last one was a sign I made for a friend at work who is a huge Packer fan to celebrate their recent win. I wish we could make the cutter work a little better, but it has been fun so far.





2 comments:

  1. Very fun Valentine's Day boxes - I suspect your family had the best decorated boxes of the bunch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww... I miss the kids making valentine boxes. Very cute!

    ReplyDelete